Best Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard 2018 On Budget
A keyboard is one of the ways to replace the pen and paper. We will take a look at some Best Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard in this post. A comfortable keyboard can make your personal and professional life easier.
People who spend hours in front of the computer should invest in a good keyboard, to make their tasks and writing a lot easier.
So in this post, I will help you to find the best tenkeyless mechanical keyboard for yourself.
If you haven’t tried mechanical keyboards yet, you are missing out a lot. A lot of people are switching from traditional keyboards to mechanical keyboards.
You might think of mechanical keyboards as noisy, yet people who use them wouldn’t trade them for any other type of the keyboard.
- Why Consider Going Tenkeyless ?
- 01. Logitech G Pro Mechanical Keyboard
- 02. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard
- 03. Razer BlackWidow X Tournament Edition
- 04. Velocifire TKL01 Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
- 05. Drevo 84-Key Gramr Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
- 06. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Tenkeyless Keyboard
- 07. MechanicEagle Z-77 Tenkeyless Keyboard
- 08. Thermaltake Tt eSports Poseidon ZX
- 09. CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i
- 10. Corsair Vengeance K65 Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
- Before Buying the Best Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard
- Which mechanical switch is your favorite switch?
Mechanical keyboards give you the ability to find the key switches which work the best for you no matter if you are a writer and use the keyboard only for typing, or if you are a hardcore gamer.
You will be able to find the key switches which will adjust to your typing style, to make your experience way better than before.
Why Consider Going Tenkeyless ?
Tenkeyless keyboards are keyboards with the same layout as every other keyboard, although, the Numpad area is removed.
This kind of keyboards can be seen in laptops which are smaller than 17.3″, and now they are starting to break out in the desktop keyboards as well.
They have some great benefits, and everyone who’s not a big fan of Numpad or never uses it at all – it’s a great way to save some space.
With the smaller computers, laptops, gaming laptops, and usage of smartphone devices and gadgets, people have started to organize their workspace more efficiently. Nobody wants the big computer boxes and a lot of wires anyway, right?
Tenkeyless keyboards save space, they are easier to type on since they’re not so wide and they’re more portable now while they still have all the same functions like any other keyboard. We still have the numbers on top of our keyboards, don’t forget that.
So someone have thought that it’s pointless to have two number areas and decided to remove one. By removing it, the whole new design was made.Tenkeyless keyboards are also referred to as the 75% keyboards or TKL keyboards.
By installing mechanical keys in tenkeyless keyboards, you get one of the best keyboards you can possibly have. A well designed, with key switches you choose to adjust to your typing style and they can have gained on their portability.
They are very common and a lot of gamers use them simply because of two reasons. They’ve rarely used Numpad so they like the idea of removing it, and they also like the smaller design which allows them to carry the keyboard in the bags more easily.
If you haven’t seen tenkeyless keyboards, don’t worry down below I’ve reviewed top 10 tenkeyless mechanical keyboards Also, stay tuned because down below you will see a guide which will help you choose the best tenkeyless mechanical keyboard for yourself.
01. Logitech G Pro Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech is one of the most known brands for office and gaming desktop equipment and their quality is well known.
They also have a lineup of tenkeyless mechanical keyboards with a lot of features to offer.
One of the main features is the Romer G switch which is optimized to deliver 25% faster actuation than standard keyboards. It offers the gamers almost the speed of light as every key pressed is instantly delivered on the screen.
With already sleek design, you will get the ability to adjust the keys color from over 16.8 million RGB colors thanks to the keyboard illumination. You can even customize the each key for a different color or for a different game.
- For a mechanical keyboard, it’s very quiet while still being very precise.
- Detachable micro USB cable makes the keyboard very portable, and it keeps your gear from breaking down.
- Tenkeyless design allows you a more space for a bigger mouse pad and more mouse movements.
- You can have over 300 built-in profiles in your games with the programmable keys.
- Custom Game Mode will allow you to assign or remove action from each key to prevent accidental key pressing during the game.
02. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard
HyperX is a very known brand in the gaming community. They’re constantly updating their products including keyboards, to help the professional eSport players achieve things.
They produce all types of keyboards, but their lineups lately have been updated with tenkeyless mechanical keyboard Alloy FPS Pro.
Chery MX mechanical key switches provide reliability along with the steel frame which provides durability.
It’s specifically built for FPS masters to make sure their domination in the eSports stays on the level with the minimalistic tenkeyless design.
- Portable design gives the portability needed by eSports gamers.
- Alloy FPS Pro saves space and provides more space for mouse movements which is important for FPS players.
- Detachable cable which prevents the bending of the cable which might cause problems.
- Anti-ghosting function to prevent the problem of some keys not working while other keys are pressed at the same time.
- N-key rollover functions.
03. Razer BlackWidow X Tournament Edition
Razer is one of the most known gaming equipment manufacturers in the gaming industry. It’s been serving gamers for over 10 years. BlackWidow X keyboard is an upgraded tenkeyless edition featuring mechanical keys.
It’s specially designed for gamers who desire victory, mechanical switches are made to be an optimal distance for the best speed and responsiveness than ever before.
From the materials to technology which it’s been constructed, it’s made to last and serve the gamers even in the most crucial moments.
- Individually programmable backlit keys from 16.8 million colors to get the wanted style.
- Mechanical switches have 50g actuation force which offers the fast and precise response.
- Cable management routing so there are no distractions during the game.
- Device synchronization with your other Razer accessories through Razer Synapse.
- Chroma workshop to get the best out of the BlackWidow X keyboard, but also ability to share and connect with other Razer fans and download their smart lighting system.
04. Velocifire TKL01 Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
Velocifire is a great brand for gamers who don’t need the professional quality but would still love to have a good quality equipment for their gaming adventures at home. Velocifire TKL01 is a great keyboard for gamers but also for writers, and the price is great for people who are on a budget.
Brown mechanical switches are lighter than blue mechanical switches, which can also be considered as a quality version.
Keys are still light, however, they offer a feedback so you can exactly feel when you’ve pressed the wanted key.
- Compact tenkeyless design which can fit anywhere and is favored by PC users who are space-strapped.
- Keycaps are dust-proof and have a waterproof effect, and also the keys aren’t going to fade easily.
- Backlit lighting with the option to adjust the backlight sequence.
- Anti-ghosting function so you are able to press as many keys as wanted at once.
- Gold plated USB connector with a magnet ring for better data transmission and durability.
05. Drevo 84-Key Gramr Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
Drevo is always looking for ways to constantly improve the user’s experience. As that’s being said, if you haven’t heard of Drevo before, you might have a better look as they have fully mechanical tenkeyless keyboards which will suit gamers and usual desktop users.
It has 84 mechanical keys which make sure that the keys aren’t sticky and that they are very responsive.
They’re also coated to prevent any slipping or damage to the keys, so the users can double-tap or triple-tap keys while being sure they will hit them.
- It offers professional performance for gamers which can improve the gamer’s ability.
- White backlighting creates clear and bright atmosphere without distracting the user. It also offers the ability to type or play games on it at night or in dark spaces.
- Drevo features blue mechanical switches, however, you are able to choose switches you prefer.
- Braided sleeve cord with a cord management so there is no cord drag at all.
- Function keys to access media, or even lock windows by two key combination.
06. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Tenkeyless Keyboard
Later in the post, we will feature a similar CM Storm Quickfire Rapid keyboard, however, a small difference would be in the mechanical key switches. While Rapid-i uses Cherry MX red switches, Rapid uses blue switches.
Compact keyboard with full-sized keys will give make sure you have enough space for your mouse movement, as it requires less space than keyboards with numpad.
Also, if you ever need to carry the keyboard, it’s going to be easy as it’s compact and you will be able to pull out the USB cable.
- Anti-ghosting option which most of the mechanical keyboards do have. They make sure that you don’t experience any problems during fast key pressing.
- Cable management is a better solution against cord drag.
- Ability to use NKRO in PS/2 mode.
- Laser marked keycaps so no slipping is going to happen during typing or gaming.
- Space saving design.
07. MechanicEagle Z-77 Tenkeyless Keyboard
MechanicEagle produces unique keyboards for gamers and writers, which have a wide range of personal adjustments.
Their keyboards are made to improve gamer’s performances, but can also be used as aesthetics to improve the computer’s surroundings look.
MechanicEagle Z-77 has the newest switch replacing technology. All keys support DIY switch replacement. It’s something unique which can’t be seen in models from other manufacturers yet. Ability to purchase wanted switches separately and install them in Z-77 keyboard is a really useful option.
Gaote and Outemu mechanical blue key switches will make sure that the Z-77 keyboard produces satisfying sound, but also a faster response when playing games or typing for a difference than common keyboards.
- Smaller compact tenkeyless design with only 87 keys will save some space on the desk.
- Anti-ghosting will make sure all the keys pressed at the same time will be registered with a fast response. You will be able to press up to 25 keys at the same time.
- Function shortcut keys will make tasks such as accessing email or web browser more easily.
- Compatible with every Windows OS, but also Mac OS X and Linux.
- It’s made out of metal that makes it sturdy and robust so it can last longer than usual keyboards.
Tt is a really known brand among the gamers and they have been manufacturing high-quality keyboards and equipment for professional gamers.
They’ve reached the stage where their products have been used by professional gamers all around the world on all kind of different LAN competitions. Poseidon ZX comes with Cherry MX blue switches which are optimal for gaming.
You will be able to play at dark or make your desktop rig look even better with the fully back-lit keyboard, which still won’t bother your eyes when playing games.
- Mechanical switches were chosen especially by professional gamers.
- First keyboard in the world to offer 5-year warranty.
- It’s made for gaming, but there are still shortcuts to access media such as web browser or music media.
- 80% length tenkeyless design which makes this keyboard really compact and portable.
- Compatible with all Windows OS’s.
09. CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i
CM Storm understands the needs of gamers and that the mechanical keyboard can either make it or break it for in a gamer’s career.
The QuickFire Rapid-i mechanical tenkeyless keyboard is there to make a difference which gamers all around the world embrace.
Cherry MX blue key switches make this keyboard fully mechanic, with the satisfying click noise and click feedback which is made for gamers.
QuickFire Rapid-i is a tenkeyless keyboard which will save you space on your desk but will give you the ability to use the mouse closer to your body. It’ll increase the comfort and precise needed especially with FPS games.
- Fully white LED backlit to let you type and play games even late at night, which is something most of the gamers want to have. It has total illumination so you are able to still have the complete visibility while gaming.
- 32-bit ARM processor to improve the response time and trailing lights effects.
- Individual key lightning so you can save up to 4 different lighting profiles. You can save lighting profile for day or night and in each game. 3 modes and 5 brightness levels to choose from.
- N-Key rollover which will make sure no matter how many keys you press at the same time that all of them get recognized instantly.
- Easy cable management under the keyboard so no distractions are available during the typing or gaming.
10. Corsair Vengeance K65 Mechanical Tenkeyless Keyboard
Vengeance K65 is a really small compact keyboard which doesn’t take a lot of space around the desk.
For that reasons, it’s really easily portable whenever needed. It might be a great choice for gamers who always take their equipment at a friends house or at different LANs since it’s very easy to pack it in the backpack.
Although it’s a small and a compact keyboard, it still has full sized mechanical keys.
These keys are powered by Cherry MX red mechanical switches which makes this keyboard smooth and users can easily do double or triple taps of the same key in a second.
- Brushed gunmetal chassis which is made out of aluminum will make this keyboard to last. It has a professional rugged look, but also durability which gamers always seek for.
- Full key matrix anti-ghosting will make sure that the keyboard recognizes every key that has been pressed in a short period of time.
- Detachable USB cable is a great feature for people who want their keyboards to be portable.
- Cable management will make sure that there are no distractions during gaming.
- Compact keyboard with a full-sized feeling and comfort.
Before Buying the Best Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard
If you have never used a mechanical keyboard, you should pay attention to a few different factors.
Things you need to pay attention to when purchasing a new tenkeyless mechanical keyboard:
- Mechanical switches
Size is something which plays a big role when deciding which keyboard to purchase for some people. The smaller desk space you have, the more compact and smaller tenkeyless keyboard should be.
Mechanical switches are the second thing you should pay attention to. There are a few different types including red, blue, brown and even back switches. All of them have a different key intensity when pressed. Some switches are better for typing while others are better for gaming. There are also switches which can do both, however, you better test them or just give them a try.
The material is something which might play a role when choosing a keyboard. You want to choose a keyboard which is durable no matter of the material. If you like the aluminum keyboards, you should go with it but pay attention that they might behave differently than plastic cased keyboards.
The backlight is something which many people like, but there are people who don’t like lights. It’s up to you what light do you like the most and which light would go with your desktop surrounding. However, if you don’t like the keyboards with backlight, make sure you purchase one without the backlight or make sure to ask if you will be able to turn off the backlight on a keyboard that has it.
Budget is the last but not the least important thing. The more you spend, the better you get is the basic rule we all know, however, there are some keyboards which are really affordable yet they provide some really good features for gamers and writers. Make sure to know your budget and be willing to save if you don’t find the perfect keyboard for your budget.
Other than that, there aren’t many other factors. Put the compatibility and ability at the first place, and then your liking at the second place.
That way you will find a quality keyboard which will last for a long time while you will enjoy it too.
If you are in doubt which mechanical switch you prefer, make sure to understand how each mechanical switch works and what are the advantages of each switch. As you can see, the most used mechanical switches are red, blue, and sometimes brown. You can’t miss by going for any of them.
Which mechanical switch is your favorite switch?
Feel free to leave a comment down below, but also feel free to ask any questions you might have and I will be there to help you decide which keyboard would be good for you.