A Scientific calculator is the most needed piece of equipment for math, science, and engineering students. The Best Scientific Calculator will help to solve mathematical problem easily.
No matter how smart you are, there’s always a need for a scientific calculator, and it would be a good idea to always have one next to yourself.
Helpful features and operations that come with the scientific calculators mostly vary from a calculator to a calculator, or from a brand.
To find the best scientific calculator for yourself, you will definitely need to spend some time learning the functions and features of each calculator you’re interested in.
That’s why in this tutorial, you will be able to find one of the best scientific calculators, which are commonly used by students all around the world, and I am sure that they will help you and your studies.
01. Helect 2-Line Engineering Calculator
If you are looking for a scientific calculator that will show you entry and calculated results at the same time, you’ve found it.
Helect 2-Line Engineering scientific calculator is one of the most known calculators in the world, and I’m sure that you’ve probably seen it already.
Since it’s being used all around the world, it must mean that it’s good, but let’s have a look at it’s features.
- Helect 2-Line engineering scientific calculator is a robust and professional calculator which comes with two batteries included and a 2-year usage.
- 2-Line name comes from a 2-line display which gives you ability to keep track of entered numbers and formulas, along with the outcome.
- Ability to easily handle 1 and 2 variable statistical calculations, featuring three types of angle modes, and scientific & engineering notation modes.
- Slide-off protective case which will protect your scientific calculator whenever you aren’t using it, and whenever you’re transporting it inside your bag.
- Its features are ideal for high school students, college students, and even professionals – and that’s why it’s been used all around the world.
02. Texas Instruments Fundamental Scientific Calculator
A menu of settings that is appropriate for every student out there from classroom to study needs is one of the main features of Texas Instruments Fundamental scientific calculator.
It combines different kinds of scientific functions, which is why it’s been used even by professionals all around the world. You might have even seen it on a few occasions.
- 2 line display will help you understand math and scientific concepts.
- Texas Instruments Fundamental scientific calculator will give you the ability to look at previous entries, which is a useful way to look for different math formulas.
- Menu which gives you various settings, and lets you choose the settings that will match your needs.
- Ability to do operations with fractions, and even with the mixed numbers.
- It features a battery which comes included, however, it uses solar system to charge the calculator so you never need to change the batteries ever again.
03. CASIO Scientific Calculator
CASIO might be a very well known brand among the watches, however, they also have very good professional scientific calculators which are suitable for every student out there.
They don’t only make math, engineering, and science simple, but they also create it easier and enjoyable through CASIO scientific calculator and its design. People who have never been into math will love this calculator as much as experienced math students will too.
- 2-Line display which has the ability to show 10+2 characters at once.
- Multi-replay feature and regression analysis.
- Includes menu of settings with features and functions that are suitable for all advanced studies.
- Dual power feature.
- 417 functions available.
04. KDT 2-Line Engineering Calculator
If you are a student who is most likely on a tight budget, KDT 2-kine engineering calculator might be the best choice.
It won’t break your bank, while it will offer all the functions and features that are available on other professional scientific calculators.
- It’s very reliable and will help you go through your education, as well as your job.
- It has 2-line display just like any other scientific calculator, which will show you the entered numbers and process, along the outcome the same time.
- Robust design makes this professional scientific calculator even more reliable.
- There’s also a hard sliding cover to protect the keys and the screen while you are transporting it in your bag.
- Ability to easily handle both variable functions.
- Features three angle modes in radians,grads, degrees.
05. HP 35S Scientific Calculator
If you have thought that the HP only produces laptop computers, you were wrong. They also produce many calculators.
Most of their calculators are priced a lot higher than other scientific calculators, however, they have features and abilities that other scientific calculators aren’t able to do.
- It also comes in a nice packaging, that is going to protect your calculator no matter what.
- Can be used for engineering, surveying, science, and medicine purpose.
- Ability to do SAT reasoning tests, SAT subject tests in mathematics level 1 and level 2.
- Protective case that protects HP 35S in a way that any other scientific calculator protection doesn’t.
- Auto power off after 10 minutes, which is a great feature for everyone who is in a hurry or is forgetful.
- LCD display type that offers a great visibility.
06. Casio fx-300ES PLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio FX-300ES PLUS is just another scientific calculator from Casio lineup of scientific calculators.
It’s one of the rare calculators that’s not going to confuse you with loads of functions and features just like some other scientific calculators would. It’s one of the easiest scientific calculators out there.
Maybe it’s one of the best-looking calculators as well since you can choose from two beautiful colors.
- Powerful and versatile large display screen, which consists of a Natural Display which has been patented by Casio.
- Solar Plus battery will make sure that you never run out of the batteries.
- Casio has more than 200 different features for precise math calculations.
- It’s approved for use on official exams, which means you won’t have to worry and check the lists of approved calculators before every exam you take.
- It’s very easy to use as you progress through coursework, which means that you won’t be left confused with bunch of functions you don’t know how to use yet.
07. Texas Instruments TI-30X Solar/battery-Powered Scientific Calculator
If you are looking for a calculator that will stand up in the crowd in both scientific and design way, you’re lucky to hear that Texas Instruments will do that for you.
And the best thing about that is that it won’t cost you the fortune, which is really nice to see because knowledge and studying shouldn’t be expensive.
- Professional grade scientific calculator that will cover fraction and decimal conversions for you along with trig, log, exponents and many other functions.
- 2-line display will help you keep track of everything you type in, to the end result.
- It will easily handle both variable statistical calculations, including three angle modes.
- It’s being powered by a solar battery, so you will never need to change the batteries ever again.
- Offers two different types of notation modes.
08. Sharp EL501XBWH Engineering/Scientific Calculator
Sharp isn’t very known among the scientific calculators, however, if you have ever met a few of their calculators, you would have been surprised how good they actually are.
Sharp has many different calculators in their scientific calculators’ lineup, and the EL501XBWH is one of the best ones.
Its superb functionality and simplicity are perfect for students of any age, and of any education.
- 1-line display which is able to display up to 10 digits at the same time.
- It features 131 functions with one memory slot.
- Advanced technology and engineering gives you the pinpoint accuracy you deserve and you would expect out of any scientific calculator out there.
- It’s ideal for students who are studying general math, pre-algebra, algebra, and trigonometry.
- Offers special functions such as N-base Calculation, complex number calculation, and ½ Variable Statistics.
09. HP 35s Engineering Calculator
If you are looking for a calculator that isn’t only made to be used in the school for basic operations and with basic functions, you would be surprised how many abilities HP 35s scientific calculator has.
It can be used for many different purposes such as engineering, surveying, science, and even medicine.
It’s a very reliable scientific calculator that will never let you down, and will always help you out in any way possible.
- LCD display has contrast adjustable feature which will give you the ability to use this scientific calculator even in the darkest rooms.
- 2-Line display is able to show up to 14 different characters at the same time.
- Ability to do SAT Reasoning Test, SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics Level 1 and Level 2, ACT.
- Over 100 built-in functions, and around 800 memory registers.
- Battery life is made to last up to a year of regular use.
10. Canon F-719SG Scientific Calculator
Canon is very famous in the world of photography, scanners, and printers, but it’s also laid its magic in the world of scientific calculators.
You will notice Canon calculators just by their modern design and their nice choice of colors that set them apart from the crowd.
They also have lots to offer in the way that they can be used almost for any studies.
- Features natural display which is easy to use and easy to read off without tiring your eyes.
- 302 functions that will be able to solve any mathematical, engineering, and scientifical problem.
- 32 built-in formulas that will help you at exams, where you won’t need to memorize them by yourself.
- Stylish green color that will get anyone’s attention.
- Large 2-line display that displays up to 14 characters at the same time.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Scientific Calculator:
Buying a scientific calculator can seem like a hard task to do since there are so many brands and different calculators out there.
Actually, buying a scientific calculator is really simple and easy once you know what exactly to look for.
It’s important to understand what will you use the calculator for, but it’s not necessary in order to get a good calculator that will provide you a lot of help in your future studies.
- Features and functions
Brand can be a good guide in order to find the best scientific calculator for yourself. There are many leading brands among the scientific calculators and they have a lot of different calculators in their lineup. It’s only about choosing wisely calculator that will give you the ability to solve all of your problems.
Features and functions are the second most important thing to consider. You should find a calculator that can do many mathematical operations which will be helpful to solve and calculate numerous mathematical problems.
Memory is something that almost every scientific calculator has, and it gives you the ability to store some of the formulas. The more the memory a calculator has, the better it is for you. Nobody likes to remember all the formulas, right?
Display can play a huge role in deciding which calculator to get. You would want to get a calculator which has a 2-line display of a good size, that you can read numbers and characters more easily. There are also some scientific calculators with features such as contrast adjustment and Natural Display, to give your eyes the best possible display. It’s useful for people who stare at their calculators for a long time on a daily basis.
Dimensions might play a role in your decision, while for some people it doesn’t. The more compact the calculator is, it’s easier to transport it and fit it into smaller pockets, which is something you should keep in mind and decide if it’s important for you or not.
Design isn’t only about how pretty the calculator is, but it’s also about the keys, feeling of the calculator, protection and numerous of different things to consider. You would want to make sure that you are comfortable with your new calculator, and that it’s really easy to use and hold in your hands. Calculators with additional grip for your hands on the sides is a great thing for people who get sweaty hands during the most intense exam moments.
Budget is the last but not the least important feature. While most of the scientific calculators are priced reasonably, there are still some professional calculators that cost a lot more than the others. It’s important to know your budget and try to not break your bank. I would always highly recommend you save for the calculator you find useful, instead of trying to save a few dollars buying the cheaper one.