Best Baby Monitor Of 2018 Latest Reviews
Many people think baby monitors are required only by parents that do not co-sleep with their babies.A best baby monitor can be required in many ways. Let’s get this clarified, as even if you co-sleep, you may need one.
The point is to monitor your baby when you are in the same room, so imagine with a new baby coming the kind of chores you will have to put up with, along the ones you already have on plate. This means, when the baby sleeps, you may be busy doing dishes or arranging your baby’s things, you will not be able to keep a vigilant eye for 24/7.
A baby monitor can solve this purpose as it can tell you, if your baby is moving, sleeping, crying, playing, body temperature, heart rate and much more. You will find more in this Best baby monitor review.If you have twins baby no matter we have also reviewed baby monitor for twins.
Just stay with us!
How Much It Cost For A Good Baby Monitor?
It depends on your needs and the features of the baby monitor you are about to buy. What we can provide you here, is estimation that basic audio monitors can cost you $25 and can go up to $150 in an average.
On the other hand, video monitors can start from $75 and can cost you $300 or even more. Whereas, the latest WiFi enabled ones anything between $100 to $300 and the movement ones range from $70 to $300.
Best Baby Monitors Of 2018 Review Charts
Here is a catalog of the Best baby monitor that you may come across in 2018.
01. Infant Optics DXR-5 Portable Video Baby Monitor
Imagine it’s the middle of the night and suddenly you hear a loud thump coming from the direction of your baby’s room. You quickly jump out of bed and rush down the darkened hallway towards the nursery. Fearing the worst you barge into their room, waking up an otherwise safe and sleeping baby.
If you’re a parent, then you know that nothing matters most than the well-being of your child. You love your little one so much it’s easy to over worry when you’re not by their side.
The Infant Optics DRX-5 Portable Video Baby Monitor can help you worry less knowing your baby is safe. See and hear your child at any time during the day or night no matter where in the house you are.
- Design and Range – The Optics DXR-5 boasts a highly portable design with an 800ft range in open areas and 150ft in enclosed areas. Its sleek and lightweight design is both elegant and durable. This monitor features a slim and lightweight design on both the camera and display that makes it easy to carry around.
- Battery – With the rechargeable lithium-ion battery on the display you can go up to 12 hours between charges. The display also comes equipped with a clip that allows you to stand it up easily wherever you need it.
- Warranty – Shop confidently as Infant Optics offers a one year warranty on your DRX-5 baby video monitor purchase for buyers in the US. Simply register your video monitor once you receive it to be covered under Infant Optics warranty program.
- Extra – With impressive video streaming at 30 frames per second, the Optics DXR-5 always displays a crystal-clear image with no lagging or delays. This device also offers a high level of sound quality with its Auto Mute Mode. Sleep calmly and in silence until your baby makes a noise. The baby monitor automatically filters out any white or background sounds such as soothers, mobiles, and fans so you only hear the sounds that matter.
02. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video
Infant Optics has committed itself to the safety of your child ever since 2011. This brand knows how to design products with latest technology that make your easy. With an unparalleled customer service and track record, you should know that your baby will be in safe hands with this one installed in their rooms.
- Design – This has been aesthetically designed and pleasing to look at. It has as leek body with a 3.5 inch LCD screen that produces crystal images you will feel this to be a real deal.
- Batteries – This has solid and long lasting batteries that can run for 8 hours constantly. It can go to 12 hours of it is on power saving mode.
- Temperature indicator – You don’t want to wake your baby and this is your imperative. Hence, it must be mentioned that this reads you the temperature of your nursery.
03. Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor
Owlet is a company established by parents, which is why they understand their anxiety really well. The Owlet Smart Sock 2 is a clinically approved baby monitor that can track more than your baby’s movements.
This is a revolutionary product that has proven itself to parents and now, we are about to discuss about it in details in here.
- Design – Looks like it has been designed thoughtfully and engineering a sock with a sensor comes with its own merits. The sock is made from hypoallergenic cotton and needs charging on a regular basis.
- Tracking – As mentioned, it can do more than traditional baby monitors can do. It can track the heart rate and oxygen levels of your baby. You can keep a track in real time and most importantly it notifies in case anything goes wrong.
- Connected Care – Owlet has reworked on the app and has made it more readable. It can show you graphs, averages and sleep for you to better understand your baby as well as their needs.
04. DBPOWER Video Record Baby Monitor
This is a baby monitor with too many features and you will be surprised to know that a simple device can be used for multiple reasons.
You can monitor your baby by videos and even record them if you want and there is more to this that we have described in the next part of this conversation.
- Design – It has a neat design that houses a 4.3 inch LCD screen. The screen is clearly readable and the monitor is very simple to work with.
- Smart features – This monitor can read you the room temperature, display sound activated LED lights, sing lullaby, allow you to speak into it or even raise an alarm if necessary (God forbid). Plus, it supports an SD card of 32 GB, you can set it for automatic or manual recording as per your needs.
- Camera features – You can pan, tilt and zoom in the camera as and when you need. Moreover, it can rotate 270° horizontally and about 110° vertically. As a result of which, you can keep vigilance over 95% on the room.
05. Video Baby Monitor 3.5″ Large LCD Screen Display
When it comes to baby monitors, you may be looking for a minimalist, may to start getting used to it as first time parents. If that is the case with you, then we would recommend you to have a look at this monitor.
You get everything in this monitor except, the fact that the manufacturer has priced it reasonably. We have scribbled down a few more points in regards to this device. Feel free to read it.
- Design – The 3.5 inch LCD screen is very bright and has clarity that helps you observe your baby. It has a tidy interface that is easy to read and you will be pleased with the functions.
- Functionality – You can watch your baby in real time, it has private channel that makes it secured and infrared night vision certainly renders it more useful. In addition, you can speak to your baby, sing, or play any of the 4 in-built lullabies.
- ECO Mode – Once you turn his mode on, it takes care of the battery and helps it to last longer. You can watch over your baby for longer if want with this mode.
06. iBaby Care M7, Smart Wi-Fi enabled Digital Video Baby Monitor
iBaby looks into safety of your child and is totally committed to their well being. This can help you soothe your baby and sing lullabies to them. What more do you want from a baby monitor?
- Design – Looks super cute but is not at all complicated. In fact, it has clear interface and the pristine white color just adds glamour to it.
- Soother – You can pair the night sky projections or images along with the lullabies to weave a dreamland kind of an experience. Babies are innocent, what they do know of all this, but this helps to stimulate them and induce sleep in them when required.
- Alerts – You will not believe, but this is a feature and that is why we need to mention it. This monitor will remind you of diaper changes and feeding times in case you are too busy with something at that time. It really parenting easy.
We have researched for some more that you can keep these in mind as well.
07. VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
Although, the Best baby monitor has already been talked about, yet we have tested a lot more than these. Nonetheless, this is a name that you may mull over for further judgment.
Here are a few pointers that may help you take a call:
- VTech is a reputed brand when it comes to baby video monitors.
- It is simple to use and the user manual is easy to comprehend.
- Has a tow way talking system.
- DECT 6.0 digital technology for clear transmission and is secured.
- Has a range of 1000 feet.
- Comes with intercom facility.
- Has rechargeable batteries provide you the chance to monitor for 18 long hours.
- 5 level sound system warns you about the baby being fussy with LED lights.
- The parent unit tends to unlink form the child unit very often.
- Makes a fuzzy sound that could be a predicament for some.
08. Willcare Upgraded Baby Monitor
It is a basic monitor that does what it promises it watches over your child. Besides, it is travel friendly low cost baby monitor. That is correct; you can take it on a trip and charge it with your phone cable. It’s that simple!
- It uses VOX technology that saves power and alerts you when the sound in your baby’s room reaches 40 dB for continuous 20 seconds.
- This phenomena is supported by a sound indicator that would beep anytime the child feels uneasy.
- Has a noise reduction microphone that helps you with clarity of sound.
- It covers a range of 160 feet indoors and 1000 feet when outdoors.
- This is powered by a portable battery.
- It can even take care of the elderly.
- Has a soothing night light.
- It is a noisy baby monitor and you have put up with that if on a tight budget.
09. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
This is a way to find peace of mind for harried parents and is a class apart. Yes, this was not included in the elite list, but is good enough to be regarded as a trusted partner.
- It can be installed pretty easily.
- Easy to operate.
- Has a crystal LCD of 2.4 inches display.
- Provides 2.4GHz Digital Wireless which is very secured.
- Secured and free interface makes you hear your baby’s sound very clearly.
- Is equipped with Infrared night vision.
- Has been pre-programmed with lullabies.
- Helps you schedule appointments.
- It even reads you the temperature in the nursery.
- It has two way talk back system.
- Works within a range of 900 feet outdoor.
- Is a portable device.
- Has built in Li-ion Battery.
- The chord of the camera seems to very short and you may have to use an extender for it.
10. FREDI Wireless Baby Monitor Camera
A baby monitor with 720p is bound to be different than the rest. Apologies for not including in the list, but we are a bunch of just people, here it is. The very mention of this makes you think of the high quality images that sounds like a reliable gadget.
Here is our take on it:
- This is a practical solution to your baby monitoring needs.
- Supports mobile apps, be it Android or iOS.
- You can keep a vigilant eye by logging in from 8 different phones.
- The high pixel resolution makes it interesting as you can check on your baby with crystal clear clarity.
- It has two way speaker facility, which means you can talk to your baby whenever you want.
- The camera has a 30 secondish delay that kind of a turn off.
- The instruction is little hard to follow and that delays the installation.
Best Baby Monitor Special Buying Guide
To help you out, we have come up with this guide in order to identify the best option for you and for your baby. We will look into the features that you need to look for, features that are important, and some pitfalls that you need to avoid.
Types of Baby Monitors
First off, let’s discuss the different baby monitors that are available in the market now.
Audio Baby Monitors: Audio baby monitors are the most familiar type available. A transmitter unit is installed in the child’s room, broadcasting sound to a receiver, thus enabling you to hear your baby as he/she makes noise.
Analog Baby Monitors: Analog baby monitors are unquestionably the cheapest. However, with newer models becoming more available these days, this option has become rare. A drawback to analog models is that they also pick up other signals, even broadcasting sounds from other monitors and radios.
Digital Baby Monitors: Compared to analog baby monitors, digital monitors offer a clearer broadcasting and less interference.
Audio/Video Baby Monitors: Audio/video baby monitors come with a tabletop or wall-mounted camera that transmits images to a monitor which is visible by the parent. The receiver may also come with a belt clip which makes it useful and portable.
Wireless Network Baby Monitors: The wireless network baby monitor is the most modern option available these days. It uses your currently existing wireless network, thus enabling you to use mobile devices or computers to serve as the receiver.
What To Look For In A Baby Monitor?
When it comes to select the right model for your baby monitor, you must look into security of the device. Audio monitors can cost you less, but they anyone can eavesdrop on the same frequency. There is no need to explain, how dangerous this could be, as it makes you vulnerable.
With that said, you must look for something that has digital enhanced cordless technology or DECT. This reduces the chances of interference with other devices. There are a couple of more features that you should scrutinize while buying a baby monitor and they are as follows:
Size – The smaller, the better, as you can lug it around the house with ease. You can also get the ones that can be connected to a smart device for maximum security.
Audio or video – This could cause a real confusion, as it is clear audio will provide you the sound. These monitors are inexpensive and take less storage space.
On the other hand, a video monitor can provide you with the image of the baby, movement details, temperature of the room and that of the baby. These can help you track your baby from smart devices as well and you watch over your baby practically from anywhere.
Two way communication – Although not a must, but you can invest in them if you want to keep your baby entertained while managing a chore. You can sing into the device to soothe your baby. Some monitors even have in-built lullabies and mini projectors that make it attractive.
How We Tested?
First of we are a team of mothers and fathers, so we know the appropriate ways of testing.
Hope, that suffices for your apprehension for now and we have tested tons of monitors over the past few months. Needless to say that only we have placed the monitors in different positions, handheld them and even connected them to our WiFi. We installed them and streamed live to check on compatibility too.
We also took into consideration, how they were designed and if their apps needed subscription. We have chosen the Best baby monitor based on things like easy installation, simple functionalities, but quality was our main priority. The ones that have made it to the top five met a series of our criterion.
Hence, it took us time to write this review and we have tried our level best to live up to your expectations. Let us know how we did via the comments section.
Baby Monitor Limitations to Consider
Keep in mind that baby monitors are tools that supplement your role as a parent.
However, in no way should it be considered as a substitute or a replacement for supervision. As a matter of fact, some experts give a warning that you cannot just completely put your trust on a monitor when it comes to taking care of your precious one, especially when attempting to prevent conditions such as SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).